Friday, November 20, 2009

About Seashells...



Seashells by the seashore came to me one day after thinking about all of the little memorials that we have had done for our son, who was born sleeping May 15th, 2008. We have had his name written in the sand, his name on a flower (In Rory's Garden), planted hundreds of flowers in his garden at our home. We have done many things to keep his memory alive and visible to us. One thing I haven't done yet is write his name on seashells, we all love the beach and live near one so why not? It is still very much a work in progress as it is just now getting started but who knows maybe it will turn into something wonderful that I can do for any family that has lost a child. While this in no way eases the pain we feel on a daily basis, it does comfort us just seeing their names everywhere we turn. I know I love seeing Jay's name every where.

More to come. Here is just a rough idea (writing is a little sloppy here but I just wanted an idea of what it would look like.)

2 comments:

  1. Misty,
    They are just beautiful!!! What a awesome and an amazing job you have done honey!How much does it cost?I havent done anything like this or having my angels names in the sand.But i really think i would love this.It seems so peaceful to look at.And i am most of the time at peace with my angels being gone.It took so many years to get there tho.But would you please let me know.Then i can save my money to do this.My dh has been laid off so much last year and now his uc payments are way smaller.So it may take me a bit to save up.But know i would to have this done for them.Thank you for your friendship over the years.And may i say what a beautiful,beautiful garden you have for angel Jay.Thank you for sharing it with us.Loving hugs to you always my dear.
    Linda (Angel mom of 4)

    ReplyDelete